Friday, May 4, 2007

So this is blogging

Okay I finally decided to check out blogging since joining the blogger tournament on Full Tilt Poker. I have to say that the group in those games are made up of a bunch of great people and they've welcomed me in a good way.

I had thought that on the first game of the series where I came out of nowhere to them and made it to the final table and ending up chopping the pot amongst the top 3 that I might have kind set myself up as "who is this new guy coming in and doing this?" but they were real receptive.

When I first started I didn't even know it was the start of a series of game for a tournament. I had a google alert set for pokerstars as a key word since that dang UIEGA (i think that is the acronymn) act was signed by the Prez I wanted to see how things would develop. I got an email with that keyword to Katitude's blog where I learned about the MATH tournament and WWdN and others and even inquired to Kat if all are welcome to these games. I was signed on as countryk at the time. She pretty much said come on by and finally did on that first game of the blogger tournament and once I learned about this and the points factor (similar to Nascar scoring of which I am a big fan of) I said I may just stick around. Especially after checking that I didn't really have to be blogging to be there. Didn't want to seem like I was muscling in on the group.

So I figured I would try this out as well and see how it goes.

So far its been downhill since that first day LOL. So far I have made it in the money and final table twice and the pts a half dozen times but man I feel like a donkey at times but after seeing other good players, (Heck a few are going to the ME in WSOP), I don't feel to to bad. All part of the game of course, swings go high and low and bad beats come and go. Always been my attitude to the game. I don't whine or complain about things like you see on some other tables on either site. We've all had bad beats and been the victor of bad beats.

Well this is all I can think of writing for now as I explore this here blogging stuff :)

Later

No comments: